The summer is filled up with outdoor activities. Sunbathing, swimming, nature walks and summer camps all make tan lines inevitable. Waiting for the tan lines to go away on their own can take a while. To hasten the process, you can employ some simple methods on how to get rid of tan lines fast. These mostly make use of natural items readily available in your kitchen counter and are applicable for tan lines on the face, legs, back and arms. We explore these below.
Tan Lines refer to areas of clear division on the skin between parts that are relatively pale and those that have gone through tanning as a result of exposure to the sun. While some people are okay with tan lines and will prefer putting on clothes that will help them get some, others get frustrated by their presence. If you belong to the latter group, here are effective ways on how to get rid of tan lines fast, naturally, through tanning and without tanning. We also offer tips on how to avoid tan lines.
How to Get Rid of Tan Lines Fast on Legs, Arms and Feet
To get rid of tan lines fast, you need a remedy whose effect will be immediate. Try the following to instantly eliminate tan lines.
For instant results, the use of a fake tanner would help. Using a tanner as a method on how to get rid of tan lines works by covering the lines up thus concealing them. This way the body attains a uniform tanned tone. Tanning products are available in different shades. Ensure than you get one that is of a similar shade with the existing tan so as to have a uniform tanned look.
Another method on how to get rid of tan lines is to use black tea. This remedy is used in the same way as tanning sprays. It works as a natural tanner and bears the advantage of being all natural. It will help to conceal the tan lines by evening them out and giving the skin an evenly tanned appearance.
- In a cup of boiling hot water, dip two black tea bags. Cover it up and leave to steep for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, take a shower. This is important as it will ensure the tan doesn’t turn out streaky but instead dry out evenly.
- Strain the tea and put it in a spray bottle.
- Spray yourself with the tea focusing on the untanned parts of the body. Work on the areas until they attain an even look as the rest of the body.
The use of makeup to get rid of tan lines works in the same way as the use of tanners. It temporarily covers up the tan lines. To achieve the best results, buy a foundation matching your tanned skin tone. This method is most appropriate when you want an instant remedy for the tan lines. It will conceal them fast making it possible to attend events without being conscious of the lines.
How to Get Rid of Tan Lines Naturally Overnight and Without Tanning
While the methods discussed above are quick and instant, they involve making the skin attain a uniform tone which is that of the tan. In case you wish for natural remedies which you can use overnight and involve no tanning, sample those discussed below.
Baking soda is an effective remedy for tan lines as well as sun burns. It is best used to eliminate tan lines on the face and from glasses. To get rid of tan lines with baking soda:
- Mix some baking soda with plain water or rose water to make a paste.
- Apply this on the affected skin while massaging the area.
- Keep it on for around 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat procedure daily until the skin attains an even tone.
Regular exfoliation of the skin will ensure that dead skin cells. This helps the skin to eliminate the tanned skin and thus give room for formation of new skin cells free of tan lines. Exfoliation can be done on the face using facial scrubs. Body scrubs can be used on other parts such as the hands, legs and bags.
These are rich in vitamin C and provide the skin with skin lightening enzymes. These will help in getting rid of tan lines and giving your skin an even complexion.
- Peel a potato and grind it to make a paste. Use the resulting paste as a skin mask to treat the area with tan lines. Allow it to dry before rinsing it off.
- Another method on getting rid of tan lines would be to slice apotato and rub it on the skin. Allow the juice to rest for 15 minutes before washing it off.
Milk cream nourishes the skin and removes tan lines effectively giving you a clear complexion. In addition, it will leave your skin glowing.
- Mix milk cream with half the amount of turmeric to make a consistent paste.
- Apply this on the affected skin and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Use some lukewarm water to wash the mask off.
Lemon juice acts as an exfoliant. It will perfectly slough off any dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. This helps to effectively diminish the visibility of tan lines before getting rid of them with time. Lemon juice is acidic and may cause irritation and it is therefore not advisable to use it undiluted.
- Mix lemon juice and honey in equal portions.
- Apply the resulting paste on the tan lines.
- Allow it to settle for up to 30 minutes before washing it off.
Cucumbers as a natural remedy for tan lines are perfect. They have a high water content and vitamin C which effectively nourish the skin in addition to eliminating the unwanted tan lines.
- Puree some cucumbers into a paste.
- Apply this on the tanned skin and let it sit until dry.
- Use cool water to wash it off.
This is considered as one of the best natural skin scrub. It helps in sloughing off layers of dead skin. It also has skin lightening properties that will help in evening out uneven skin tone.
- Mix gram flour with rose water to make a consistent paste.
- Massage this on the skin for five minutes and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash the remedy off.
- Alternatively, mix gram flour with milk and use it in the same way as illustrated above to get rid of tan lines.
Aloe vera gel is known to be beneficial for the skin and is used in fixing various skin problems. It will help in replenishing the skin and restoring an even complexion thus getting rid of the tan lines. It also contains antioxidants that accelerate the restoration of your skin back to normal.
- Cut a leaf from the aloe vera plant and extract the gel.
- Apply fresh aloe gel on the skin and leave it on until it dries.
- Rinse off using warm water and repeat procedure daily until the tan lines are gone.
When used as a scrub, brown sugar can be effective in eliminating tan lines. Here is how to get rid of tan lines with the help of brown sugar.
- To a cup of sugar add half the amount of olive oil.
- Add quarter a cup of honey to the mixture and stir to evenly combine the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture on the skin and wash off after 15 minutes.
Tips to Avoid Tan Lines
The only sure way to avoid getting tan lines is by staying away from the sun. This though may not be possible for everyone. Where this is the case, putting into place preventive measures can help avoid tan lines. Below are tips on how to achieve this.
- Where you are engaging in tanning for recreational purposes, do it in the nude. This will ensure you do not get any tan lines and that your body tans evenly. Check out the laws on nudeness in your estate before engaging in this and make sure it is not illegal.
- Be mindful of how much time you spend under the sun. Never spend more than 45 minutes under the sun. While at it, do 15 minutes per session alternating between tanning the back and the front side.
- While swimming, wear tan-through swim suits to enhance uniform tanning.
- To avoid getting the tan lines, use a sunscreen with a Sunscreen Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 and above.
- In case you feel like your perfect images are being ruined by some tan lines, get rid of them through photoshop for that perfect image.
Feel Good Style: DIY Home Tanning
Glamour: How to Make Tan Lines Disappear