BARCELONA will try to sign Eden Hazard AND Philippe Coutinho after agreeing to sell Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain.
And the Catalan giants are willing to splash the world-record £198million fee for the Brazilian on their targets.
Barca chiefs want Chelsea superstar Hazard as a statement signing after accepting defeat in their battle to keep Neymar.
Reports from SunSport say Nou Camp officials have already asked a third party to sound out the Belgian forward over a potential move to Spain.
But they still want Liverpool ace Coutinho in a stunning double raid on the Prem.
Coutinho is being lined up as Andres Iniesta’s long-term successor in midfield — not to replace fellow Brazilian Neymar on the left wing.
And that has led them to prepare a bid of around £100m for Chelsea’s 26-year-old attacking midfielder.
Barca yesterday told Brazil star Neymar to leave training to sort out his £198m and £500,000-a-week wages after tax to complete the move to Paris St Germain on Friday.
Now Barca chiefs are determined to respond to losing one of their superstars by recruiting the best they possibly can.
With Real Madrid expected to confirm the £160m signing of Monaco striker, Kylian Mbappe, Barcelona will spend the Neymar fee on strengthening their squad.
The attraction of Hazard is two fold – he is one of the only players who can play in Neymar’s position as well as being a long term target for their bitter rivals Real.
With the Spanish champions focused on signing Mbappe, Barca see an opportunity to strike a blow by moving on on Hazard.
Barcelona claimed Neymar, who recently played in the International Champions Cup in the USA, was staying put until the dramatic events on Wednesday.
Neymar, who had been in China fulfilling commercial commitments until Tuesday, arrived for training at Barcelona yesterday with his father and representative and told the Spanish club he wanted to leave.
He was then given permission by Barca manager Ernesto Valverde not to train and to “sort out his future”.
Then hours later Barca team-mate Lionel Messi confirmed the move was on when he has paid tribute to the 25-year-old.
Source – SunSports