When acne occurs on the face, it is easy to deal with. Some concealer products can get rid of the zits super-fast and give you an instant acne-free look. However, this is not always the case with bacne which is the word commonly used in reference to back acne. In case you are determined to rock your backless dress to an event but are bothered by the acne, below are various remedies and options on how to get rid of bacne.
How to Get Rid of Bacne with Home Remedies
Before trying any commercial products, it is best to start off your fight against bacne using gentle products. These can easily be found at home and their consistent use will see you eliminate them fast. Below are various methods on how to get rid of bacne with home remedies.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Bacne
Apple cider vinegar is great on the skin. It helps in balancing the body’s pH. This helps to naturally reduce the amount of acne breakouts on your back. Since it is also an effective anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent, it is known to be effective with the treatment of acne. To make it work its way on acne inside out, you could consume a mixture of two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Other topical methods of making use of it are as follows:
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Toner for Bacne
- Combine one part of vinegar with two parts of water in a spray bottle.
- Spray this mixture on the acne laden back and leave it on for 20 minutes. You could also use some cotton swab to apply the toner on your back.
- Store any remaining toner in the refrigerator for future use.
Tea Tree Oil for Back Acne
Tea tree oil is known for its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. These act on the skin helping to eliminate microorganisms that may contribute towards back acne breakout.
- In a cup of water, add two to three drops of tee tree oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the back acne.
- Repeat procedure twice each day and ensure you do it once before going to bed.
Caution: undiluted tea tree oil should never be applied on the skin. The oil is highly potent and could lead to skin irritation, itching as well as blistering. Always follow the recommended mixed ratio when making this remedy for bacne.
Sea Salt to Cure Back Acne
Sea salt is known to control bacterial build up and thus can help in getting rid of acne on the back.
- To a bath tub filled with warm water, add two to three cups of sea salt.
- Soak in it for half an hour.
- In case your skin is extremely oily, do not apply any other product after the soak. Just pat the skin dry.
- For dry and normal skin, apply a light moisturizer.
- Repeat procedure daily and expect some visible changes by the end of one week.
Another way to use sea salt would be to make a solution of it in a spray bottle. Apply this on the back twice each day.
Mint leaves to get Rid of Bacne
Mint contains menthol which is an anti-inflammatory agent as well as a natural analgesic. These properties will help it act on the bacne swelling as well as alleviate any associated pain. It also has a cooling effect and can thus be used to alleviate itchy back acne.
- Get a handful of mint leaves and crush them with a pestle and mortar.
- Rub the resulting green paste on the back with acne and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Use water to wash it off and repeat procedure two to three times a day.
Baking Soda Home Remedy for Bacne
Baking soda has amphoteric properties meaning it can act as both an acid and a base. This makes it perfect in balancing the pH of the skin. As a result, the possibility of having acne causing bacteria on the back of the skin is minimized. Here is how to get rid of bacne using this home remedy.
- To a tablespoon of baking soda, add an amount of water enough to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this on the back and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off using warm water.
How to get Rid of Bacne with Aloe Vera Acne Treatment
Aloe vera has soothing effects on the skin. It comes with a great deal of properties and acts as an astringent, antifungal, emollient and skin cells regenerative properties. Its application on the skin means that it can help in contracting the blood vessels and thus stop the discharge of fluids.
Elimination of fungus on the skin promotes bacne wounds healing and promotes growth of new cells. These help in treating acne in the long run.
- Slice open a fresh aloe leaf.
- Squeeze out the gel and apply this on your back acne.
- Repeat procedure up to three times in a day to help heal bacne.
Witch Hazel for Back Acne
Witch hazel has astringent values that are great for acne as well as in keeping the skin healthy. This remedy helps in unclogging pores and contains anti-inflammatory properties. It will help in clearing up bacne redness and swelling while leaving your skin well refreshed and moisturized.
- Secure distilled witch hazel from any health store.
- Using a cotton ball, apply this on your back and leave it on.
- Repeat procedure up to three times each day.
- To increase its efficiency, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil to it before applying.
How to Get Rid of Bacne Using White Willow Bark Bacne Toner
White willow bark contains salicin, a product similar to the salicylic acid used in many acne removal products. It dries up the acne breakouts thus helping to eliminate the acne. It also possess antifungal, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. All these work together to eliminate acne inflammation, pain and redness. You can make use of white willow bark, witch hazel and tea tree oil for a homemade bacne treatment.
- Place one tablespoon of white willow bark powder in a vessel and pour five tablespoons of boiling water into it.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes before straining.
- Add three tablespoons witch hazel and ten drops of tea tree oil to the solution.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the home remedy on the back acne.
How to get Rid of Bacne through Diet and Lifestyle Adjustments Changes
While the above remedies take care of already existent acne, adopting dietary and lifestyle changes will help to prevent back acne from reoccurring. Observing what you eat and your way of life can be effective ways of treating bacne from within. In this section, we discuss how to get rid of bacne by making changes in our lifestyle and diet.
Eliminate Bacne by Wearing the Right Clothes
Start by ensuring that you wear clean bras always. If possible, wear strapless bras to prevent the shoulder blades from irritation. Where this is not possible, ensure that you wear your straps tight enough so they may not rub against the acne as this could cause irritation.
Choosing clean, loose and breathable clothes is important when trying to treat acne. Ensure the fabric touching your back is clean and made of natural fibers. Avoid tight fitting clothes and launder them after each wear.
Detergent used on clothes should be gentle and have no scent as harsh chemicals are known to worsen acne. To destroy any lingering bacteria which could be accelerating formation of acne, bleach your clothes. Ensure you rinse the bleach off completely to avoid the back acne from becoming irritated.
Observe Cleaniliness and Shower Regularly to get Rid of Bacne
When you sweat, the skin acts as a breeding ground for bacteria. Unwashed sweat on the skin could also clog the pores causing bacne. To avoid this, ensure that you shower every day. Do the same as soon as you engage in sweaty exercises.
Ensure that in case you use hair conditioner, it is properly rinsed off. Having its residual at the back can accelerate the occurrence of acne at the back. While rinsing it off, use cool and not warm water as this will open up the pores and make them more susceptible to the effects of the conditioner. This will be counter reproductive in elimination of acne. If you can, you could also use a leave in conditioner on the hair.
Clean your Sheets Regularly to Eliminate Bacne
It is usually easy for dust and dead skin cells to collect on sheets. This is more so where pets have access to the bed. Change your sheets at least twice each week and bleach them while cleaning. This will help eliminate bacne causing bacteria.
Dietary Changes to get Rid of Acne
In addition to your lifestyle, your diet as well needs attention. To get rid of bacne, watch out for the following in your diet:
- Increase your water intake so as to flush out toxins in your body.
- Include fruits, vegetables and fibrous foods in your diet.
- Stay away from junk and caffeinated drinks.
- To keep your hormones balanced and thus keep oil secretion low, get enough rest and manage your stress positively.
- Quit smoking and excess alcohol consumption.
Medicated Products for Back Acne Treatment
At times, the simple remedies mentioned above may fail in getting rid of the back acne. Where this is the case, the use of medicated products on how to get rid of bacne should help.
Medicated Body Wash for Bacne
To get rid of bacne, wash yourself with an oil free medicated body wash. Those containing up to two percent salicylic acid will effectively help in treating the acne. One such product is Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash. While using them, allow the product to sink in for a minute before rinsing off.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Beta Hydroxy Acid to Treat Back Acne Super Fast
The use of alpha hydroxy acids on acne is effective because it has an exfoliating effect that helps in sloughing off any dead skin. This helps clear and prevent the clogging of pores and thus eliminate acne at the back. Purchase an alpha hydroxy acid scrub and use it on your skin thrice per week to fight the acne.
Retinol Cream Over Night Bacne Treatment
Apply this on your skin at night before going to bed. This will act as an exfoliant and will unclog any clogged pores. This way acne breakouts at the back are prevented.
How to get Rid of Bacne with Medicated Creams
Medicated creams can be used to spot treat acne breakouts. Creams containing 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide can be used on the skin. Where this is too high, try using 10 percent sulfur solution instead.
While the above bacne remedies work, they may not yield desired results in one day. It is therefore important to be patient. In case you are looking for ways on how to get rid of bacne ASAP, you could try to have the zits concealed using makeup. This should offer instant results. The same can be used for bacne scars. Where none of the above methods seems to work, consult your dermatologist on how to get rid of bacne through medical procedures.