Full, well-toned hips and thighs are desirable, flabby or “fat” inner thighs are not. So, how do you get rid of inner thigh fat fast? Stubborn fat pockets in the thigh may benefit from cosmetic procedures such as liposuction but you go to that point, you will want to try taking control of the problem at home. This article will give you handy tips on how to lose inner thigh fat fast naturally.
What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
To learn how to remove inner thigh fat for good, it is essential also to understand the underlying causes of the problem so that you can avoid them and thus prevent the recurrence of the problem in the future. Inner thigh fat causes include:
At puberty, hormonal changes in women signal the body to store fat around specific areas of the body as an energy reserve for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnant women often get inner thigh fat for the same reason. Hormones play the most significant role in inner thigh fat storage.
Weight Gain and Obesity
Weight gain and obesity are obvious causes of inner thigh fat. As you gain weight, fat builds up in several areas of the body. For some people, especially women with pear shape, the butts and thighs are the first fat accumulation spots.
Closely related to weight gain and obesity as causes of inner thigh fat is diet. Every excess calorie you take has to be stored, usually in the form of fat. This may be the underlying cause of inner thigh fat buildup.
Sitting Too Long
Sitting at your computer or work station all day is not doing your body any favor, more so if you don’t exercise. This is an ever more significant cause of inner thigh fat as well as general weight gain in the population hence Marc Hamilton, PhD, a physiology professor at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana says that “Sitting is the new smoking; it’s just as insidious.”
How to Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat Fast
The inner thigh is one of the most stubborn areas of body for women to lose fat just as is the love handles, lower tummy, and the butts. This is especially so because lower body fat – as opposed to upper body and torso fat – is more to do with hormones than with caloric intake. Also, women tend to lose fat from the upper body and torso areas prior to lower body and thighs.
It is not all dark and gloom though. With the right mix of diet, exercises, and lifestyle changes, there is hope of slimmer, more toned thighs. Below is a guideline on how to get rid of inner thigh fat:
Although diet will not help to get rid of inner thighs completely on its own, it plays a role – albeit small – in reducing fat storage around the inner thighs.
Balance out Calories
Creating a caloric deficit is the must have tip on how to get rid of inner thigh fat. This helps your body to burn the stubborn store fat in your inner thighs and elsewhere on the body.
For the best results, Livestrong suggests aiming for a caloric deficit of 1,000. The easiest way to reduce your caloric intake and achieve this goal is to go for foods that are rich in nutrients such as fruits, whole grains, lean meats, fish, and beans and cut down on high calorie foods.
Take Smaller Portions More Often
Rather than take heavy meals after long periods – say three times a day for example – try to take smaller meals more frequently. Have your first small meal in the morning and then follow suit every 2-3 hours throughout the day. For every meal, take just enough to curb hunger.
Include Lots of Green Vegetables and Salad in Your Diet
The first thing you will want to aim for at least one serving of cruciferous veggies such as cabbages, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts every day. It also helps to take a smoothie every morning that contains green vegetable superfoods such as spinach, parsley, basil, broccoli, kale and watercress.
These greens helps to alkalinize the body and thus enhance fat loss while boosting liver’s ability to detoxify toxins and excess hormones. This goes a long way in getting rid of inner thigh fat.
Take Lemon or Lime in Warm Water
Once you wake up in the morning, take a cup of warm water to which freshly squeeze lime or lemon juice has been shown to aid the liver in removing toxins from the body. The resultant better metabolism regulation can also help you get rid of inner thigh fat. You may also want to add a few slices of lemon in your water bottle and sip throughout the day.
Replace Starchy Carbs with Lean Meat
Starchy carbs stimulate insulin and because alpha receptors in lower body are responsive to this hormone, starchy carbs are more likely to promote inner thigh fat storage. Instead of starchy foods, go for lean protein foods such as chicken, free range eggs, etc.; and fibrous vegetables.
Take Chia Seeds
Chia seeds contain about 20 percent protein and are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. This makes them a great natural remedy to lose inner thigh fat. In the stomach, they absorb 10 to12 percent their weight to form a gel. The best way to use chia seeds for inner thigh fat removal is to add a tablespoon of the seeds to liquid foods and drinks such as soups, yoghurt, smoothies etc. You can also add it to your baking.
Add Whey Protein to Your Foods or Shakes
Whey protein can help to get rid of inner thigh fat by decreasing your appetite first and promoting fat loss while at the same time improving serotonin secretion in your body. Serotonin is a “feel well” hormone and will indirectly help you to resist the urge to consume sugars.
More Tips for Inner Thigh Fat Loss
- Avoid exposure to environmental endocrine disruptors and estrogen mimickers the likes of phytoestrogens and xenoestrogens. These are usually found in plastics, pesticides, and cosmetic products and have been shown to encourage storage of fat in the lower body – including inner thighs – in females.
- Get enough sleep. This helps to keep the metabolic hormones balanced.
- Manage stress using techniques such as yoga.
- Stay adequately hydrated: Take lots of water and diet drinks (low carb) as opposed to alcoholic, calorie-laden drinks such as sodas, wine, beer, milk shakes, slushies, flavored lattes etc. It is also a great idea to take a glass of water before taking your meal; this helps to “fill” you up.
Exercises to Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
As for those who often ask, “How do I get rid of inner thigh fat without dieting?”, then your best bet is exercise. It is a fact that Workout is the best way to lose not only inner thigh fat but also body weight in general.
Below is a guideline on how to get rid of inner thigh fat fast with exercises.
Interval Jog Workout
Interval jogging is a great warm-up and a nice place to start in as far as fat loss workout is concerned. Jog lightly for 5 minutes to warm up, then switch to intervals of swift running for 15 seconds followed by 30 seconds jog, then 15 seconds run and so on.
1. Inner Thigh Squeeze
Image source: FitnessBlender.com
Inner thigh squeeze is one of the best exercises to get rid of inner thigh fat. Here are the steps to follow:
- Lay flat on your back.
- Now bend your knees backwards so that your feet are placed on the floor.
- Place a stability ball between your thighs as shown in the image above.
- With your hands resting on your sides, tighten your core and then exhale as you squeeze the ball between your thighs.
- Relax your core and continue breathing normally while squeezing the ball between your thighs for about 1 minute.
- Repeat 20 times per set.
Pilates Leg Lifts for Inner Thigh Fat Loss
Image source: popsugar.com
- Lying on your side, stretch your bottom leg so that it is straight, then cross your top leg over it. Let either your knee or foot touch the floor. Now prop your head up with your hand arm as shown in the photo above
- Inhale, then exhale as you raise your bottom leg up into the air. Keep the leg straight all the way to the furthest point – without moving you torso – and then inhale as you lower it back to the original position.
- Repeat 10-15 times and then switch sides.
Frog bend is one of those quick exercises for inner thigh fat loss because it doesn’t need any equipment. It capitalizes on gravity to work out and tone the thighs.
Image source: shape.com
Below is hot to get rid of inner thigh fat fast naturally with the frog bend exercise:
- Lay on your back.
- Raise your legs straight over your hips with the heels placed together and the toes pointing outwards.
- With the heels still touching each other, lower the legs slowly by bending the knees outside. Use your inner thigh muscles to coordinate the move.
- Repeat 3 times per set for 3 sets, taking a break between them.
Image source: shesaid.com
Lunges are in general great thigh exercise but side lunge is specifically more targeted to the inner thighs and is indeed on of the best inner thigh fat workouts.
- Stand with your knees and feet together.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and then move back to the standing position.
- Now step your right foot outwards and then lunge towards the floor by bending the right knee as shown in the image above. Your knee should not extend beyond the toes and your left leg should be as straight as possible.
- Now return the right foot to its original position, then switch sides.
- Do 10 reps on either side.
While the above mentioned diet tips and exercises will help you burn and lose inner thigh fat, time and consistency are of utmost importance. It is unlikely that you will achieve the desired results in a day or two, or even a week or 2 weeks, as you may have seen some people ask online, but if you stick to your diet plan and workout regimen, a toned inner thigh is just around the corner and will eventually be yours for the taking.