Stretch marks may occur after gaining or losing weight in both men and women or during pregnancy. It is also possible for teenagers to have stretch marks in cases where they are passed on in the genes. These stripes may make you quite conscious in choosing what you wear. To help diminish their visibility, here are ways on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally, appropriate means of exfoliation in order to remove them fast as well as home remedies for stretch marks.
How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Naturally- How to Remove Stretch Marks Naturally
Stretch marks are narrow visible lines occurring on the surface of the skin and which take a different hue from normal skin color. Although they are mainly found on the abdomen, they can also occur on the buttocks, upper arms, thighs and breasts. In other cases, they could cover larger parts of the body. They are caused by pregnancy, rapid weight gain or loss, heredity and other physical conditions.
When you experience any of these, the skin gets stretched and collagen is weakened. As a result, its normal production cycle is interrupted causing some scarring under the skin. While these mostly serve as a sign of transition, they greatly affect the appearance of the skin as it loses its even tone. There is no cure for stretch marks and left to be they tend to fade with time. However, it is possible to hasten the process and reduce how visible they are quickly.
There are various methods on how to remove stretch marks. However, opting for non-chemical methods offers the advantage of being affordable as well as having least side effects. Below are various ways on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally as well as how to remove stretch marks naturally fast.
How to get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally Fast with Lemon Juice
The use of lemon juice on stretch marks is quite effective. This natural remedy contains alpha hydroxy acids and vitamin C which are quite effective in fading away stretch marks fast. They give the juice some bleaching properties that are mild enough to not harm the skin while at the same time lightening areas with the marks.
- Squeeze out some fresh lemon juice into a bowl.
- Rub this on your skin in circular motions before washing off the residue.
- You could also cut a lemon into two and rub it on the area with stretch marks.
- You could also mix lemon juice with cucumber, potato or sugar to reap its healing benefits.
CAUTION: While lemon juice is a natural remedy, it is not suitable for everyone. It might be irritating to persons with sensitive skin and thus a skin test is advisable before applying it on a large skin patch. Apply lemon juice on a small part and allow it rest for 24 hours. If no reaction is noted within that time, use it on a larger area.
Sugar to Reduce Stretch Marks on Skin
While it is a gentle exfoliant, sugar is an effective and gentle way of getting rid of stretch marks on any part of the body. A sugar scrub helps to increase the flow of blood to the affected area and thus promote the growth of skin cells. The coarse texture of sugar will play a great role in exfoliating the skin and thus help get rid of the dead skin cells.
- Add a tablespoon of raw natural sugar, some almond oil and a few drops of orange juice in a bowl. Mix these to form a consistent paste.
- Gently rub the mixture on the on the skin at least ten minutes before taking a shower.
- Rinse off using warm water and pat the area dry.
- Repeat procedure daily until desired results are obtained.
Remove Stretch Marks Naturally with Potato Juice
Potatoes are loaded with minerals and vitamins such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and zinc. They also contain phytochemicals such as polyphenols and carotenoids. These give them properties that help in stimulating the growth of collagen and elastin synthesis. This way, there is growth and restoration of dead skin cells. They act as an effective method on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally since the dead skin cells gets restored with regular use.
- Slice up a medium sized potato into reasonable slices.
- Scrub this on the area affected by stretch marks while making sure the marks are well covered by the starchy juice.
- Allow the juice to sit until dry.
- Wash off the area with warm water.
Eliminate Stretch Marks Using Alfalfa
Alfalfa leaves are rich in amino acids which are essential for a healthy skin. They also contain vitamins E and K and some proteins that help in keeping the skin well-toned naturally. Its antifungal properties help in detoxifying the skin and will with time eliminate the visibility of the stretch marks.
- Get some alfalfa powder and add some chamomile oil to it to make a paste.
- Massage the resulting cream on the area of concern and leave to dry.
- Repeat procedure daily until all marks are invisible.
Egg Whites to Fade Stretch Marks on the Abdomen
The abdominal area tends to be the greatest casualty in gaining stretch marks. This means the stomach and love handles will tend to be striped more than any other part. Eggs are high in proteins making them great way on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally. Egg whites contain amino acids in addition to the proteins. These make them great for stretch marks as they help to efficiently repair the skin cells. Regular use of egg whites will lead you to a fairer skin around the stomach and a diminished visibility of the stretch marks.
- Using a fork whip an egg white or two.
- Clean up the area to be treated before application and use a generous amount of the same on the skin.
- Allow it to dry before rinsing it off using cold water.
- Follow this up by moisturizing using olive oil.
Aloe Vera to Heal Stretch Marks After Losing Weight
Weight loss and gain greatly contributes to formation of stretch marks. Aloe Vera has for a long time been used for its benefits on the skin and is often included in skin care products. When used on areas with stretch marks, it effectively helps in minimizing their visibility since it contains healing and cooling properties. Below is how to get rid of stretch marks naturally with it.
- Get some fresh aloe leaf and scoop out the gel. Apply this on the skin and leave it to dry. Rinse off using some warm water.
- Aloe can also be used with other remedies to attain maximum benefits. Mix aloe vera with vitamin E and vitamin A oil and rub the mixture on the skin. Massage mixture in until it is sufficiently absorbed.
- Allow to settle for a while before washing off with some warm water.
Apricot Mask Stretch Marks Remover for Teenagers
Teenagers born in families where stretch marks are common may get them even without experiencing the other factors. To help fade the stripes, an apricot mask may be used. It will help in exfoliating the dead skin cells and thus help in ridding the skin off ugly stretch marks.
- Slice open an apricot and remove the seeds.
- Crush the fruit well enough to make a paste out of it.
- Apply this on the skin and leave it to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Using some warm water, wash off the paste and repeat procedure daily for the best results.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally on Thighs with Oils
Oils are excellent natural emollients. They help in improving the circulation of blood and keep the skin well nourished. When there is more flow of blood, it ensures sufficient supply of oxygen and nutrients. This way, there is accelerated growth of skin cells and good health is reinstated thus reducing the visibility of stretch marks.
In addition, Almond and Olive oil to remove stretch marks is effective because it contains vitamin E which is good for skin repair. Castor oil is also great at getting rid of stretch marks. Oils can especially be appropriate for use in getting rid of stretch marks on the thighs. Use them as follows:
- Pick your choice of oil and massage it on the skin before going to bed to give it enough time to get absorbed.
- Wrap the area using a thin piece of cotton cloth and apply some heat on the area using a heating pad or hot water bottle for half an hour.
- Repeat procedure at least once daily until desired results are attained.
How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Home Remedies
While the various ways on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally are quite effective and easy to find, they may not appeal to everyone. This though should not stop you from chasing an evenly toned skin. There are other options on how to get rid of stretch marks, home remedies being one of them. Below we explore additional ways through which you can fade away the stretch marks.
Cocoa and Shea Butter Homemade Cream to Remove Stretch Marks
It is possible to make a homemade stretch marks remover cream at home. This can be achieved using Shea and cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is a natural antioxidant as well as a natural emollient. These help it moisturize the skin deep and fast thus playing an effective role in repairing skin cells which in the long run fades the stretch marks.
Shea butter as a method on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally on the other hand contains fatty acids that help in repairing worn out skin cells. It is easy to get absorbed by the body once it melts. This cream will also contain vitamin E which will play a great role in healing skin cells thus reducing the visibility of the stretch marks. This cream is a quite convenient for getting rid of stretch marks naturally in men since once made it can be used over a long time.
- Melt equal portions of cocoa and Shea butter in a glass vessel dipped in hot water.
- Add half the amount of vitamin E oil and mix well.
- Store this in a container. The cream should go back to a solid state once it has cooled down.
- Use every day after showering to remove stretch marks.
How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks at Home Using Moisturizers
When repairing any skin damage, it is important to keep the skin well nourished. Getting rid of stretch marks at home in men and women requires that the skin remains well hydrated to help in improving its elasticity and thus heal the stretch marks. To attain the most from moisturizers, choose one that contains aloe vera and cocoa butter. This can be used up to three times in a day on the affected parts of the skin.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Bum with a Loofah
A loofah is made from gourds and is designed in such a way that it is mildly abrasive. This makes it an effective home remedy as it effectively gets rid of debris on the surface of the skin. It also gets rid of dead skin cells making up the stretch marks. In case you are worried about stretch marks on your buttocks, use it to massage the areas of concern while showering each day and watch as the stretch marks diminish over time.
Tretinoin Cream for New Stretch Marks
In case the natural home remedies above do not work, you could opt for commercial products that can be used at home. Tretinoin cream is known to be effective on in rebuilding collagen. This though does not remove old stretch marks and is best for freshly formed ones. The product though should not be used to get rid of stretch marks during pregnancy as it could have some negative effects to the baby.
While the above ways on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally help in accelerating the process, their effectiveness will vary between individuals. New stretch marks are likely to respond faster than old ones. It is also possible for some to fail to yield results. Where this is the case, keep trying until you find something that works for you. Also ensure that you use the various methods on how to remove stretch marks using home remedies regularly for great results.